Thursday 16 March 2017

SHARED WRITING


At the beginning of book week each class were presented with a picture which we had to write about, making up a story. The whole class worked together on the story by each individual person jotting down ideas and then sharing them, forming a great collaborative piece of writing.
Each class swapped with another class and continued with writing their story. Reception class was paired with Mr Hale, Year 1 with Year 2, Year 3 with Year 4 and Year 5 with Year 6. We continued alternating between each-others stories until we had a result of seven brilliant pieces of writing with a taste of two different classes in each story. Personally I really enjoyed doing the shared writing, I feel it really stretched my imagination and I would love to do it again.

I interviewed someone to find out what they thought about the shared writing and this is what she said:

‘ I liked it  because we were sharing our ideas with another class and I liked their ideas to improve our work. They were interesting and it was fun  to collaborate with such a great class, and I would love to do it again but with a different class.’

Overall I think it was a really enjoyable thing to do.    

No comments:

Post a Comment