Thursday 16 March 2017

World Book Day Teacher Book Relay


The parade for the world book day dress up happened on Thursday but there was another thing going on. On Thursday at 2:50pm there was the teacher’s book relay. I thought the relay was a competition and there will be a winner:it was just teachers reading a book and swapping over when the bell rings, although for year 6 it was the telephone ringing.

When I interviewed people from Year 4 before the relay they said that they think they will choose one book, and time the teachers with a stop watch to see which teachers were fastest.

Two of the kids I interviewed said their teacher will win because ‘she’s really fast at reading’.

Some other people from my class said it was really funny when the teachers came running with their costumes.

When I interviewed the year 1 teacher she said that she read books for year 4 and year 6. I asked how she felt before she entered the class room, she said she felt really confident, but after she told me year 6 was too noisy and year 4 was listing really nicely like her class. Just to say she dressed up like a golden compass called the aleitheometer from ‘His Dark Materials’.     

No comments:

Post a Comment